P: (843) 388-4374
March 5, 2019
The first day of spring may still be on the horizon, but Charleston weather has us celebrating early! If you are coming down South, we know are tired of being cooped up from the cold, and ready to be dining al fresco! Charleston has a ton of outdoor dining experiences, so we’ve rounded up our top ten for you to enjoy!
1. Chez Nous: The outdoor patio offers an intimate candlelit environment that is a perfect date night spot! This cozy neighborhood restaurant features food and wine from Southern France, Northern Italy, and Northern Spain. Chez Nous offers a daily changing menu of local ingredients which consists of two appetizers, two entrees, and two desserts.
2. Leon’s Fine Poultry and Oyster Shop: Leon’s is housed in an old body shop, complete with functioning garage doors that open up to a comfortable and brightly colored outdoor eating space. Leon’s is a true neighborhood staple where you can enjoy fried chicken, oysters, salads, soft serve, and even frozen gin & tonics.
3. Park Café: Park Café is a local favorite! Park Café sources fresh, local ingredients that form a simple, handcrafted menu which includes the Park Café famous “aebleskiver” – their take on a sweet Danish popover. As one of the only places in Charleston that serves breakfast all-day, Park Café is the perfect spot for a breezy brunch!
4. Rodney Scott’s BBQ: James Beard Award winning BBQ is not something you see everyday! If you’re looking for the “real deal” when it comes to Southern Comfort food, you’ve found it here – The Scott family has been slinging their whole hog style BBQ in the Low Country for generations. Be sure to grab yourself a spot at the picnic tables and lots of napkins!
5. Fuel: Get your Caribbean fix at this island inspired restaurant in the heart of downtown Charleston! Fuel is located in an old filling station with garage doors that open up to a large relaxing outdoor patio. With authentic jerk chicken sandwiches, fish tacos, burgers and fries, and tropical drinks, there is something for everyone!
6. Goat. Sheep. Cow. North: G.S.C serves cheese and charcuterie boards, soup, salads, sandwiches, coffee, pastries and 30 wines by the glass – in addition to gourmet grocery items you can purchase over 200 cheeses, charcuterie, and wines by the bottle. The patio here is quaint and cozy and serves as an ideal place to enjoy your afternoon hors d’oeuvres.
7. Bay Street Biergarten: With over 70 beers on tap at a time, Biergarten is the beer lovers paradise! The sprawling outdoor area is usually full of dog lovers and live music, offering a fun and relaxed environment to enjoy the beautiful weather!
8. Barsa: Barsa is a Spanish-inspired tapas restaurant that uses the southern influences to deliver a delicious experience! With classics such as Paella and Aperol Spritz, the outdoor patio transports you to a breezy seaside town in Spain.
9. Taco Boy: We couldn’t leave you hanging without an option to drink a Margarita! Taco Boy is an authentic taqueria and cantina, with festive décor straight from Mexico. With one of the largest outdoor patios in Charleston – it is a hot spot for locals and tourists alike.
10. Basic Kitchen: For those of you who prefer a healthy option, Basic Kitchen is for you! Basic Kitchen offers vegan, gluten free, and allergen sensitive options, hoping to embody their vision “cleaner fuel, longer adventures.” The outdoor area doubles as the restaurant’s garden, and the fun an trendy atmosphere offers as a great backdrop to your meal.